Valentine's Day is just around the corner and plenty of Brits are looking for a cool spot to go for cocktails with their date.
Or, maybe you're hanging out with pals and want to seem like you're in-the-know about the best venues for a tipple.
Well, there are thousands of quicky and fun cocktail bars dotted around the nation.
READ MORE: Quirky VHS video shop hides a secret speakeasy bar below – plus more surprises
Thankfully, Top 50 Cocktail Bars has put together a list of the best bars around with hotspots all around the UK.
Bagging the top spot was Satan's Whiskers in Bethnal Green, London – but don't let the devilish name put you off this heavenly bar.
The drinks menu changes every day meaning you can always discover something new thanks to their unusual twists on classic cocktails.
Plus, the vibes are everything at this cocktail venue with cool exposed bricks, hip hop music and interesting objects all along the walls.
You can even buy pre-bottled cocktails to take away from the bar and there are snacks on the menu too.
The runner up was Lab 22 in Wales – which mixes modern style with classy elegance.
The Lab takes a scientific approach to cocktails and includes a wow factor in every drink.
Over the years, these have included bartenders breathing fire, sea salt chocolate fish scales and honey from rooftop hives.
Tayer + Elementary in Shoreditch rounded off the top three.
This venue is split into two parts meaning you can choose which tickles your fancy.
One half is great for casual drinks and your tipple will take just seconds to reach you thanks to their draught system.
The other half is dark and romantic with cocktails made from more exotic and unusual ingredients.
The brutalist space is trendy and grungy.
You can check out the full list below…
Is there a cocktail bar that you think should be on the list? Let us know in the comments below
Top 50 cocktail bars in the UK:
- Satan’s Whiskers, Bethnal Green, London
- Lab 22, Cardiff
- Tayer + Elementary, Shoreditch, London
- Schofield’s Bar, Manchester
- Swift Soho, Soho, London
- Panda and Sons, Edinburgh
- Three Sheets, Dalston, London
- Speak in Code, Manchester
- A Bar With Shapes for Names, Hackney, London
- The Connaught Bar, Mayfair, London
- Little Mercies, Crouch End, London
- Couch, Stirchley, West Midlands
- Bramble Bar & Lounge, Edinburgh
- The Pineapple Club, West Midlands
- Ojo Rojo, Bournemouth, Hampshire
- Disrepute, Soho, London
- Artesian, Fitzrovia, London
- The Hideout, Bath Somerset
- Nightjar, Shoreditch, London
- Present Company, Liverpool, Merseyside
- Publiq, South Kensington, London
- Scarfes Bar, Holborn, London
- Lyaness, South Bank, London
- Opium Cocktails & Dim Sum Parlour, Chinatown, London
- The Absent Ear, Glasgow, Lanarkshire
- Happiness Forgets, Hoxton, London
- Hey Palu, Edinburgh, Midlothian
- Filthy XIII, Bristol, Somerset
- Homeboy Bar ,Islington, London
- SOMA, Soho, London
- Coupette, Bethnal Green, London
- Passing Fancies, Digbeth, Birmingham
- Bar Termini, Soho, London
- Seed Library, Shoreditch, London
- Murder Inc, Soho, London
- Pennyroyal, Cardiff, Glamorgan
- Callooh Callay, Shoreditch, London
- Silverleaf, Spitalfields, London
- Public, Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Fox and Chance, Birmingham, West Midlands
- BLINKER, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Below Stairs, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- The Milk Thistle, Bristol, Somerset
- Gungho!, Brighton, East Sussex
- Hedonist, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- AMARO BAR, Kensington, London
- Cottonmouth, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Tabula Rasa, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Lunar, Glasgow, Lanarkshire
- Bench, Sheffield, Yorkshire
The list – which you can find at top50cocktailbars.com – also included a best newcomer listing.
The winner was Manolo in Liverpool which is Caribbean themed and plenty of fun.
You can sip pina coladas from frozen pineapples or enjoy a complex 17-ingredient cosmo.
Every drink is tested at least 50 times before it's added to the menu so you're sure to get a cracking cocktail.
Cost of half-term staycation soars by up to 50% in popular UK destinations
Inside the UK's most amazing holiday homes from castles to seaside cottages
London's 'most expensive' hotel with views of Buckingham Palace for £27k-a-night
Inside glam £1,000-a-night Sicily hotel where White Lotus season two was filmed
Source: Read Full Article